Aim: The integration of Latvian national minorities – Roma and Russian – into the civil and socio-economic society as well as the promotion of intercultural dialogue between the majorityand national minority population.
Place for implementation: Kurzeme (Ventspils, Saldus, Valdemārpils, Sabile)
Project target group: 82 national minorities and the majority nation 40 people in Kurzeme region.
Implementation period: 01.08.2015. – 30.04.2016.
Total cost: 22 216,41 EUR, EEA grants co-financing: 19994,77 EUR
Activities and results:
- An innovative 10-lesson course on “Understand the country you live in.” 105 participants.
- Innovativesimulation game”Make decisions in Latvia” withthe majorityand minoritymembers.32 participants.
- Videoshort storyseries”I live in Latvia”, withthe aim to developintercultural dialogueand tolerance, to reduce discrimination and stereotypes betweenthe majorityand minoritypopulations, as well asmotivatingRoma community for educationandimproving quality of life. 6video.
- Latvianlanguagecourses inspoken and writtenlanguageorganized in3 cities in Kurzeme region. 45participants.
- Informativeafternoon”Latvian citizenship” to non-citizenslivingin Ventspils. 7participants.
- Volunteering opportunity identification and targeted youth involvement in it. Raising awareness of it to at least 100 young people, and at least 10 young people involved in voluntary work.
Kr.Valdemāra iela 17a, Talsi, Latvia, LV-3201